- Computer Vision
- Telecommunication Systems & Networks
- Real-Time Application of Microprocessors & Embedded Systems
- Control System Design
- Energy & Power Management
- Artificial Intelligence
- Software Engineering
- Advanced VLSI System
- Industrial Automation
- Biomedical Engineering
This university has adequate infrastructure, state-of-the-art laboratory facilities for research & development, and highly qualified faculty to offer a number of PhD. and ME Scholarships in the above broad areas of Research.
Candidates selected for PhD under Endowment Fund will also get a chance to do research work in Technological Developed Countries in Europe up to 12 months under Split/Sandwich Program.
Candidates selected for M.E. may have a chance to do their Project/Thesis work in Technological Developed Countries in Europe up to 06 months under Split/Sandwich Program.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ENDOWMENT FUND:
The successful transformation of ICT graduate programs using resource sharing under the umbrella of IICT resulted into multifold benefits such as:
- Due to improved qualification and knowledge, the doors of better job opportunities were opened for Master’s students.
- All the successful bachelor’s students of not only MUET but across the Sindh province got a strong platform to pursue for higher education at competitive environment.
- The young faculty of MUET also got registered in the Master’s Program and improved their qualifications. Most of faculty members got opportunity to get enrolled not only at indigenous level but some of them also got opportunity to study abroad.
- Due to excel of syllabus and educational and research environment, many of industry employers also seeks admission in these program, leading to Industry-Academia interaction.
- These Masters Programmes fulfilled not only local or regional market needs but global as well.
- Due to great success of these programs, multiple new programs have been launched. These include:
- Master in Electronic System Engineering.
- Master in Telecommunication Engineering & Management
- Master in Telemedicine & E-Health Systems
- Master in Computer and Information Engineering
- Masters in Mechatronics Engineering
- Master in Embedded Systems
- Master in Bio Medical Engineering
- Due to introduction of tutorial sessions and practical training component routine theory classes, empowered teachers to make a positive impact on their subject teaching. This enabled them to engage their students in reflective practice with a sense of inventiveness into what they learn. It was felt that the tutorial session also give autonomy to students in the classroom for better thinking and learning.
- Use of Internet, Digital Libraries and encouraging students to go through research articles in teaching made subject more approachable and better comprehended by magnifying the canvas of classroom discourse and puts teacher in a position to understand the psychological side of students inabilities and failures.
- Development of strong research base and strengthening the national capacity. The research publication in Journals and Intentional conferences increased by many folds crossing.
- Due to special incentives, highly qualified PhD faculty did not leave for private sector.
- Saving of foreign Exchange: The expenses to do masters and PhD from any developed country used to cost twenty times higher than produced indigenously. This saved huge foreign exchange.
- Due to links with industry, improved exchange in technical knowhow has also been achieved. Faculty members got excellent opportunities to embark upon various industry / Higher Education commission (HEC) sponsored and supported projects.
- IICT has become dominant player in imparting quality postgraduate education and it has transformed itself into learning and changing entity by providing support for growth and development of faculty members. The institute has become like regional hub in ICT due to successes of such Master’s Program. First time the Mehran University of Engineering and Technology (MUET) was declared one of the top 400 universities of the world in a survey of 2010 conducted by an international organization, QS. IICT provides learning and teaching in networked e-learning environment as suggested by Viven Hodgson and Michael Reynolds.
- A series of International Multi-topic Conference (i.e. IMTIC08, IMTIC 2012 and IMTIC 2013) was successfully launched under the umbrella of IICT. The conferences aimed to bring together a side spectrum of international experts to facilitate a creative environment for the promotion of collaboration and knowledge transfer. In particular it facilitated a dialogue between major industry players, entrepreneurs and academia to help create a radmap for the development of tangible research environment in the country. Proceedings of these conference were published by Springer Germany.
- Since good expertise was developed at IICT, a Top Quality Centralized instrumentation Centre (TQCIC) was developed under its umbrella.
- Various faculty members got offers to carryout post-doctoral fellowships in developed countries.
- Due to interaction with various European universities, IICT MUET got chance to become partner in EC’s Erasmus Mundus programmes.